Annies Home Journal

Annies Home Journal contains information and articles, about working from home, as well as business opportunities, and what it takes to make a home based business work.

Friday, November 17, 2006

S.MA.R.T. Goals

Okay, now we are going to talk about S.M.A.R.T. Goals. We have already introduced previously the 4 main components of Goal-Setting. S.M.A.R.T. goals is the third component. What does S.M.A.R.T. goals mean. I'll tell you. It means Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Sensitive. Let's break each of these on down:
Specific: Don't be vague, Ask yourself, exactly what do I want?
Measurable: Quantify your goal. How will you know if you've achieved it or not?
Attainable: Be honest with yourself about what you can reasonably accomplish at this point in your life - along with taking into consideration your current responsibilities.
Realistic: It's got to be do-able, real and practical.
Time: Associate a timeframe with each goal. When should you complete the goal?

Take time to ask yourself these questions. Jot down your answers. You will be well on your way to setting your goals.

"A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline."
- Harvey Mackay

To learn more visit:
http://Williamson1.successuniversity.com

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    I've been reading your joural, and it hits home for me. I have set a 3 month goal for myself. To pay off all owed monies. To be debt free. Once I have accompolished this I will then set another "bar" to reach. Which of couse is the saving of my earned wages. I have not decided what that limit will be! I'll get back to you on that one. Thanks for the insight and the outline of goal setting. You make it easy to understand without getting boged down.
    I'll be in touch, pnassif1963@yahoo.com

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Annie said…

    Thanks for the comment, pnassif. I know you will reach your goals. Just take them one step at a time. Set short term goals in order to reach your long term goals.
    Good luck! I look forward to updates on how you are doing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home